This term and next I am giving lots of courses and inset on reading difficulties and ways to support children who struggle with reading. I have been investigating literacy interventions. These are some useful resources. Greg Brooks’ report is particularly helpful for anyone looking for an analysis of available schemes.
- Greg Brooks, What works for children and young people with literacy difficulties? The effectiveness of intervention schemes, Dyslexia-SpLD Trust, 2013
- Interventions for Literacy
- Interventions for Literacy Case Studies
- Removing barriers to literacy, Ofsted, 2011, ref 090237
- Literacy and numeracy catch up strategies, Education Standards Research Team, 2012
- Secondary SEN – Dyslexia Friendly Classroom
- Literacy Action Net
- Adam Lancaster, Showing Impact: Mapping and Tracking Students’ Reading in the Secondary School Library, School Library Association, 2012
Many thanks to Redbridge Library Service for the photo.